Tobacco Related Products Regulations 2016
UKVB intends to comply fully with the legal restrictions of The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016 (TRPR). Until now the restrictions have not been apparent to our wholesale trade customers, but from 19th November 2016 to 19th May 2017 there will be some changes in the products that we are allowed to sell. In some cases, although we continue to sell products, those products may not be legally sold to consumers after 19th May 2017. We will inform you if this is the case with any product that we sell from 20th November 2016.
Products fall into 4 categories:
1. Not captured by TRPR, and therefore not notifiable. (e.g. mouthpieces, battery units, zero nicotine liquids, replacement parts for notified products)
2. Product discontinued, non-compliant and not notified. (e.g. 3.5ml tank with limited sales/market appeal)
3. Notified product – non-compliant. (e.g. 3.5ml tank with good sales volumes, 24mg/ml e-liquid, 30ml e-liquid bottle)
4. Notified product – compliant. (e.g. 1.8ml tank with nicotine statement, 2.0ml e-cigarette kit with nicotine statement, 10ml e-liquid bottle with nicotine statement)
Please also be aware of the following for each of the above categories:
1. Sales will continue as usual throughout the supply chain
2. UKVB cannot supply this product after 19th November 2016, retailers may not sell after 19th May 2017
3. UKVB will continue to supply this product after 19th November 2016 until stocks are exhausted, but may not import or manufacture new stock. Retailers may not sell these products after 19th May 2017
4. UKVB will continue to supply this product – expect some changes in packaging
All of UKVB’s e-liquid product set has been notified to MHRA in line with the above categories at the time of writing. Notification of devices will be completed by 11/11/2016. UKVB will make a product list available prior to 19/11/2016 indicating each product’s appropriate category.
If you have any questions, or if you are unsure of any of your obligations under TRPR, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01254 269387.